TCS Coordinates File Format
Format for TCS Coordinate Files
This is the format definition for object catalog coordinate lists for use with the Víctor M. Blanco 4-meter Telescope control system. Such files can be prepared before the run and can be loaded into the TCS at the time of the run.
- MyObjectName HH:MM:SS +/-DD:MM:SS Epoch ppRA ppDec
- MyObjectName is one word, no spaces.
- No spaces between +/- sign and DD.
- Each line must be less than 79 characters long.
- The file must be less than a total of 64Kbytes.
- pmRA,pmDec are proper motion in arcsec/yr.
- Field separators are one or more spaces.
Sample data (without pmRA,pmDec):
Updated on May 13, 2021, 9:54 am