sci22071 — Announcement
July 21, 2022
This conference builds on the success of LSST@Europe1 (Cambridge, 2013), 2 (Belgrade, 2016), and 3 (Lyon, 2018) conferences and LSST@ASIA (Sydney, 2019) to foster the participation of the international communities in the Rubin Observatory Legacy Survey of Space and Time (LSST).
This meeting will focus on the last phases of Construction and the transition to Operations, and on the participation of international communities in commissioning, early science, and the Science Collaborations. In this framework, the main objectives of Rubin Observatory LSST@Europe4 are to:
- provide an update on the status of Rubin Observatory and the plan for LSST’s observing strategy;
- provide an updated description of the LSST data products, alert system and brokers, and science opportunities that the LSST data will generate;
- foster and promote the participation of European scientists in the activities of the Science Collaborations;
- discuss “in-kind” contributions from international partners to the development of the Rubin Observatory project, commissioning, and enhancement of science infrastructure within the Science Collaborations;
- explore synergies with other facilities, with a special emphasis on the European ones; and,
- discuss potential common initiatives at the European level to support the participation of European scientists in LSST.
Pre-registration opened on 15 June 2022. In-person participation is limited to 100 attendees due to COVID restrictions. Registration for in-person attendance will close when capacity is reached. On-line participants’ registration will remain open until 15 September 2022. Participation and travel support will be available for a limited number of junior attendees.
The organizers acknowledge the LSST Corporation Enabling Science grant that provides partial support for this conference.
Please refer to the conference website for updates on the program, registration, and speakers and participants’ list.
About the Announcement