Welcome to the electronic Users Manual for NEWFIRM. This page provides, or links to, documentation for astronomers who are
- Writing proposals for telescope time with NEWFIRM
- Preparing for an observing run
- Observing in real time, and in need of procedural information
- Doing scientific analysis on pipeline-processed NEWFIRM images
Below you can find a clickable list of available information.
Requests for further information, suggestions for documentation to include on this page, or any other correspondence related to use of NEWFIRM on the 4-m telescopes may be addressed to Ronald Probst, NEWFIRM Instrument Scientist, email@example.com.
NEWFIRM, the NOAO Extremely Wide Field Infrared Imager, images a 28 x 28 arcmin field of view on the NOAO 4-m telescopes. It covers a wavelength range of 1 - 2.4 microns at 0.4 arcsec/pixel. It was offered on the 4-m Mayall telescope on Kitt Peak through April, 2010. It is currently operating on the 4-m Blanco telescope on Cerro Tololo.
- Just the facts, quick!
- NEWFIRM Quick Guide for Proposal Preparation
- Darks, flatfields, and on-sky images
- NEWFIRM Use Policies
- The NEWFIRM Instrument
- NEWFIRM System Overview
- NEWFIRM Optical Design
- NEWFIRM InSb Array Detectors
- ORION SCA Laboratory Test Results Summary
- Photon Transfer Curve Reports
- Linearity Tests and Characterization
- 2K x 2K InSb for Astronomy (SPIE 2004)
- NEWFIRM System Throughput
- Sky and Telescope Transmission Curve
- Composite NEWFIRM Optics Transmission Curve
- InSb Arrays Transmission Curve
- Convolved System Transmission Curve
- Observing with NEWFIRM
- Data Reduction Pipelines and Data Products
- NEWFIRM Technical Publications