The current FLAMINGOS Manuals can be found at the following links. These include the User's Manuals for the 2.1-m and 4-m telescopes, use of the offset guider at the 2.1-m telescope (where the observer must also operate the telescope), and documentation on designing and preparing MOS plates. NOTE: Multi-object spectroscopy is supported at the 4-m telescope only.
The Cooldown Manual is a technical reference for KPNO personnel cooling down the Camera Dewar after maintenance or a significant hiatus in observing. The Shutdown Manual is a guide to shutting down FLAMINGOS after an observing block or in the event of a power emergency. The MOS Dewar Warmup Manual outlines the procedures for the OAs to warm up the MOS Dewar if a mask change is needed during a MOS run.
Other FLAMINGOS reference documentation can be found at the FLAMINGOS web site https://flamingos.astro.ufl.edu/, although much of this is out of date.
- FLAMINGOS 4-meter Observer's Guide V2.39 (Revised April 2013)
- FLAMINGOS 2.1-meter Observers Guide V2.39 (Revised March 2011)
- FLAMINGOS 2-meter Guider Manual
- FLAMINGOS MOSplate Design
- FLAMINGOS Camera Dewar Cooldown Manual V 1.04 (July 2012)
- FLAMINGOS Shutdown Manual V 2.0 (July 2012)
- FLAMINGOS MOS Dewar Warmup Procedure (July 2012)