DECam at 10 years — Looking Back, Looking Forward
Monday, 12 September 2022 8 a.m. MST - Wednesday, 14 September 2022 4 p.m. MST
Website URL: https://noirlab.edu/science/events/websites/DECam
To celebrate 10 years of DECam operations, NOIRLab will hold an in-person community workshop in Tucson 12–14 September 2022. The workshop will highlight the outstanding DECam science results of the past 10 years, describe the exciting opportunities with DECam as we move into the era of the Vera C. Rubin Observatory/LSST and other new facilities, and look further into the future for the NOIRLab 4-meter telescopes in the context of NOIRLab investments in technology, instrumentation, and big data initiatives.
Registration is open from 1 May 2022. Please register early, space is limited. We look forward to celebrating with you!
Meeting Main Topics:
- The Dark Energy Survey and its legacy
- DECam science — from Atiras to the high redshift Universe
- DECam and the development of multi-messenger and time-domain science infrastructure
- DECam synergies with Rubin/LSST
- NOIRLab 4m telescopes and their future instrumentation
- 1 May: Registration opens
- 10 August: Abstracts should be submitted by this date
- 21 August: Graduate Hotel reduced rate finishes
- 12-14 September: Meeting
For more information, visit the meeting website.