rubinann15002 — Announcement
Rubin Digest 2 October 2015
2 October 2015
Update: Earthquake In Chile
- LSST construction activities on Cerro Pachón have returned to normal following the recent earthquake. The concrete batch plant is back in operation and the 70-ton crane is on the summit, placing steel frames at the corners of the facilities building. See image on FaceBook(link is external).
Project Office News
- B. Willman traveled to New Haven to speak to the AURA Board of Directors about preparing the community to conduct LSST science, and traveled to Monterey to present a talk at the GMT Community Workshop about "LSST - A Discovery Machine for ELT Era Science". See Beth’s GMT slides(link is external).
- S. Kahn gave the AURA Board an update on LSST construction progress; work on the Operations Governance Plan continues.
- Z. Ivezic, chair of the Project Science Team, reports that last week’s meeting included these discussion topics:
- A planned “clarification” update to the Science Requirements Document
- Development of a System-wide parameters database coordinated among all subsystems
- A policy for open access to commissioning data
Project Subsystem News
Camera: The Filter Coating procurement review was executed in preparation for release of RFP by LLNL.
Data Management: Version 11.0 of the LSST Stack (aka Summer 2015) is available at http://ls.st/oan.
Telescope & Site: In today’s project blog posting B. Gressler writes about this week’s Preliminary Design Review of the Telescope Mount Assembly in Spain.
Systems Engineering: The monthly Risk Management Meeting reviewed risks and opportunities in the EPO and Project Management Office subsystems.
SAVE THE DATE:
October 1-2, 2015: Sensor Test Stand Readiness Review, Brookhaven National Lab
October 8-9, 2015: LSSTC Board Meeting, Tucson, AZ
November 12, 2015: LSST Workshop @ 47th DPS Meeting, National Harbor, MD
November 19-20, 2015: LSST Observing Strategy Retreat, Tucson, AZ
December 3-4, 2015: NSF Status Review
January 7, 2016: LSST Town Hall @AAS 227, Kissammee, FL
February 22 – 24, 2016: LSST Joint Technical Meeting, Santa Cruz, CA